March 13, 2011

Late Follow Friday & Book Blogger Hop (Mar. 12)

Hello everyone!♥

I was a little sick yesterday and just being in the same room as my computer gave me a headache, so I couldn't post the Follow Friday and Book Blogger Hop. :( But this week's questions were too fun to miss and the Book Blogger Hop lasts Friday - Monday anyway, so here I am writing about them.;) Besides, I wanted to show off my new design. LOL (hey, I'm not an expert here!) I'm still working on it. Btw, if any of you could be so kind and help me with a rating system (this one is blah!) I'd sooo appreciate it!♥
Now back to business:
 
Follow Friday is hosted by Rachel @ Parajunkee's View and this Friday's feature was Ashley of Bookaholic Does Blogging.
 
 
This week's question: Who are You the Boy/Girl, instead of You the Blogger?
As soon as I figure this out, I'll let you know.;)
Ok, no, I'm kidding. So... I'm Andreea (Deea, as my friends call me), a 23 years old student, and I live in Bucharest, Romania with two of my best friends. I will graduate this year (it's a bit late for me, but I wasn't happy with myself so stupid me I took some extra classes that I'll finish just later this year). Anyways, I'm studying Spanish, Linguistics and Philology, and this requires a lot of reading and researching - that's why I put a lot of my most anticipated books on hold and my TBR pile is totally out of control. And when I'm not reading or blogging or studying, I hang out with my friends, bicker with my family, look for a new job or I just go out, wandering around the city and taking photos. I love photography! Speaking of which, I can't wait for the warm, colorful days of spring! My camera is tired of all this gray and needs out. LOL Oh, and do I need to mention that I'm addicted to music and coffee? I literally can't function without them. (If you're ever curious, I think I have some posts around here where I talk more about myself). 
 


 
***
 
Book Blogger Hop
 
As you know, the Book Blogger Hop is hosted by Jen @ Crazy for Books and gives us the opportunity to connect with other book bloggers. It's really fun, I love to talk to other bloggers and share my love for books!:D
Here's the question for this week - it comes from Ellie @ Musings of a Bookshop Girl:
If I gave you £50 (or $80) and sent you into a bookshop right now, what would be in your basket when you finally staggered to the till?
Ooohh how I'd love that! *dreamy sigh* You'd lose me in a bookshop for hours! So let's see a few books that are on my wishlist right now:

Delirium (Delirium #1) by Lauren Oliver
 (I'm dying to read it!)
 

 
 ***
 
Falling Under (Falling Under #1) by Gwen Hayes 
(This one came out last week and I'm curious about it, I've read some positive reviews around)
 


  
*** 
 
Unearthly (Unearthly, #1) by Cynthia Hand
 (I actually won this book at a giveaway, but it never made it to Romania - yup, it happens - so I guess I should buy it after all *sigh*)
 

*** 

Infinite Days (Vampire Queen #1) by Rebecca Maizel 
(I've been very curious about this book since it came out last year, but I never got the chance to pick it up)
 


 
***
 
Fade Out (The Morganville Vampires #7),  Kiss Of Death (The Morganville Vampires #8),  
Ghost Town (The Morganville Vampires #9) by Rachel Caine 
(I really need to complete my collection before the 10th book comes out)
 

 
*** 
 
Mind Games (The Disillusionists Trilogy #1) 
Double Cross (The Disillusionists Trilogy #2) by Carolyn Crane 
(I'd like to give them a shot; the series seems to have very interesting and unique concepts and I love the covers!)
 



***

Angels' Blood (Guild Hunter #1),  Archangel's Kiss (Guild Hunter #2) &
 Archangel's Consort (Guild Hunter #3) by Nalini Singh 
(I've read a lot of great reviews of Archangel's Consort lately and I added it to my TBR list, so I figured I should start the first book ASAP)
 

 
*** 
 
Unholy Ghosts (Downside Ghosts, #1) , Unholy Magic (Downside Ghosts, #2) &
 City of Ghosts (Downside Ghosts, #3) by Stacia Kane 
(Another series I've been curious about; I haven't read many books with ghosts and stuff, they might be good for a change :D)




***
 
And if I consider the low prices from The Book Depository & Amazon (not that I had a real bookshop around here anyway) or if I get any discount (for buying so many books from the same place or something like that) I'd probably be able to squeeze in that basket also:
 
The Body Finder (The Body Finder #1) & Desires of the Dead (The Body Finder #2) 
by Kimberly Derting
 (I won these books at a giveaway - signed and all - but I never received them *frustrated*. 
But I still want to read them)
 


 Have you read any of these books? What do you think about them? And most importantly, what would you buy?
 
Phew! This was a long post.
Have a great weekend! 
xoxo ♥
 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic 


3 comments:

  1. Good list of books....this question definitely adds to toppling TBR stacks.

    Stop by my blog if you like to see my answer, my reviews and Scotland photos.

    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love your book choices. I've read most of them and would buy the rest. Have a great day. I'm a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi

    I love photography too and I will say that I love your blog design.

    Great books I love The Guild Hunter series and The Body Finder series and I really want to read The Disillusionists Trilogy.

    I'm a new follower^^

    Stop by my blog if you have time:-)
    Mysteriousbooks

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments! ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...